Not only Dakotas can have fun with Chevys

From: Hylander6@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 23:49:44 EST

Hello again,
   First,I wanted to say that this mailing list is outstanding! I thought I
would relate a Chevy stomping incident that happened to me a couple years
ago. I haven't received my new Dakota yet, so all I have is Jeep stories.
(Waiting for fond Dak stories in the future)
   I live in Missouri where if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and
it will change. Anyway in late January 96 the forecast called for a light
accumulation of snow. This "Light Snow" turned into 23 inches in my driveway.
I had a 94 Wrangler that was basicly stock except for a mild lift and 30x9.50
BFG All-Terrains. My Boss is an ex-Chevy salesman, so I would catch it daily
about driving a Jeep. His Z-71 had a 350, my little Jeep had a 4 banger,
which definatly kept me from getting speeding tickets. Anyway, made it to
work with little problems, but I can't say that for poor Norman. His Chevy
couldn't even get into the parking lot, it kept riding up over the snow
instead of cutting trough it. It took 4 of us to get him straight so he could
even park. I of course had to rub salt into the wound and go out and drive
around the floundering Chevy a couple of times. It just goes to show that
even a little Chrysler 4 Banger has its day against Chevy. I only hope the
new Dak will do as well in snow and on the hills here in the Ozarks. Thanks
for letting me rant!

   Chris Coffelt
   2000, 4.7 RC 4x4 Sport (soon!)