Re: sparkpulgs

From: BergOR@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 01:07:21 EST

In a message dated 2/23/00 5:45:07 AM, GG428@aol.com writes:

<< I was wondering if anybody had tryed to step to the colder champions, like
mentioned in sport truck a few months back... the parts store here where I
get a good discount (used to work there) was out of the champions, but
crossed to autolites, and I attempted to install them today. I removed the no
1 plug and the shield arround it, and began to spin in the autolite, but the
plug spun in so far that I cluld nolonget fir a socket arround it. the socket
was hitting the head. has anybody else had this problem? >>

I had this same problem. I took the spark plug socket over to the grinder and
was able to taper the diameter of the socket down just enough to fit in to
the recess in the head. Works great.

Andy
97 CC 4 x 2 V6