Re: 4x4 on highway?

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 11:50:48 EST

" a short period of time on the highway (1mi) if it was slippery would
not hurt
but you cant drive all day with it engaged unless there is ice or mild
snow
so the frount and rear slip just a little"

I used 4 wheel drive on my '88 Jeep every time it rained on paved roads.
Not, so much that I needed it, but just to use it and make sure it was
working. I never had a problem and it was not full-time 4 wheel drive.
Doesn't just water on the road, verse ice or snow, allow enough slippage
for no damage to be done ?
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.