Re: Re: Re: What would be the perfect Dakota? Give me your version

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 18:05:12 EST

Turbos produce boost dependant on rpm AND engine load. Turbos can produce max
boost at low rpm if the engine is being loaded. Centifugal superchargers cannot
do this, they build up boost based only on RPM's and actually absorb more power
than they produce until a certain point. Positive displacement superchargers
basically maintain a constant boost. Properly executed turbo systems have no
"spool up" lagtime.
Dr. Pat