Re: Ranger next engine a threat?

From: jimm (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 23:08:30 EST

I personally don't find inline engines good for anything but torque. They
pull stumps good but are worthless above 3,000 rpm. I don't see a straight 6
fitting under the hood of an s10 or Ferd ranger unless major redesign takes
place. Ford and gm did away with their straight 6s years ago. Only Dodge
truck offers one in the form of the Cummins Diesel and it is by far the best
light truck diesel on the road.