Re: RE: Spark Knock -kinda long response

From: POOLREBEL@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 10:26:57 EST

<< I don't understand why everyone is so upset about a knock on 87 octane gas.
 think my lawnmower knocks on that low octane stuff. Out of the last 5 or 6
 cars
 or trucks I have owned that were supposed to run on 87 NONE WOULD without
 pinging at times. >>

This is where my bitch is with the pinging. My truck doesn't just ping on 87
sometimes, but it pings on all grades of gas all the time. The higher the
octane the worse it pings. Now don't get me wrong I'm not trying to get rid
of my truck under the lemon law but I do understand why some are. Especially
if there pinning is worse than mine.

Just my $0.2 on the issue.

Jay Griggs