Re: Re: RE: Plugs - Platinum or no?

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 15:24:18 EST

Bernd-

In regards to no platinum with an MSD, do you know why this is?

My MSD's units (I have three of them), have all been in cold storage for
several years. Now I'm getting ready to fire them up and I happen to have
Bosch Platinums installed in my pre-magnum 360 with Edelbrock Heads. That
engine will be fed by a 7AL2 box. Sounds like I need to change plugs.
With the aluminum heads, I have to use the small peanut style plugs (5/8th
hex and shorter). When I ran down to the nearest parts store, Bosch was
all they had in the right size. I know they are available in a copper
Autolite. Champion is recommended by Edelbrock.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage