Re: rt website

From: therrin@isaac.net
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 02:13:48 EST

> I'm not gonna flame anyone, since I'm not about flaming. I will, however,
> make an attempt to explain why it bothers me so that the R/T list is
> closed to non-R/T owners.

Mike,
I've read all the posts here from people wanting the R/T list to be open. I'm probably
going to get
some heat for this, but as an R/T owner I don't see why having the list closed is a
problem.
There is already a list for all Dakota owners, we're using it right now. If the R/T list
were open it
might as well not exist at all, everyone could just use DML. I'm not saying that would be
a bad
thing, I'm just saying that opening the R/T list would defeat the purpose of it's
existence, which
is an email list by and for R/T owners. Personally, I would have no problem if the Dakota
4x4
owners created their own list and closed it. Why would I not care? Because I don't own a

Dakota 4x4. I don't think it's elitist to want a forum where one can read and post to a
group
where one knows the audience owns the exact same truck as you do. It's nice to have a
group
that is more tightly focused on just the R/T. I enjoy the DML also for more general Dakota

discussions. There is nothing in the R/T group in terms of information that you're not
already
seeing here on DML. R/T specific stuff maybe, but why would someone who doesn't own an R/T

care about that? If the R/T list were opened to non-R/T owners I would probably drop it,
as it
would then be redundant with the DML. I think most R/T list members feel that way. I'm
sorry if
this makes me "elitist" in some peoples' eyes. I'm not elitist, as those who have met me
will
attest. Jon Smith met me last year at the dyno day. Mike, it looks like you will be at the

Richmond, VA meet March 4th. I look forward to meeting you there. If after meeting me in
person you still feel I'm an elitist for enjoying the R/T list for R/T's only, then I will
respect your
opinion.

Terry
99 FR CC RT