RE: RE: Condensation in Oil filler tube update (4.7L) PICTUR ES!!

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 08:33:45 EST

Yep, I drilled an 1/8" hole in the top of the filler cap, and I also wrapped
the tube with pipe insulation, the same material you have in your cooly cup.
One thing I have noticed, if the ambient temp. is above 70 degrees I get
very little if any condensation, but if its in the 20, 30, 40's range, I get
the sludge.
This morning (9am) its in the upper 50's and I just checked it, no sludge in
the tube but, there is some in the top of the cap.
I took the digital camera out and got pictures of the cap and sludge, can
someone post them to a web site for everyone to see?? Curt????

Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA
`00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD
RC 2x4 Homemade intake & K&N open element,
Traction Bars, Spring clamps, ...
BEST 1/4 14.871 @ 91.01 MPH
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ