Re: Compression Ratio (was: cams)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 19:56:55 EST

In a message dated 2/25/00 6:20:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

> I've heard of some Mustangs who want to run monster compression
> ratios actually dropping their CR down to 8:1 or lower. I don't know
> much about the pros/cons myself though. (i.e. why wouldn't a high
> compression ratio plus low boost make the same power as a low compression
> ratio and high boost?)

A higher static compression ratio will take the A/F and compress it more,
getting more power. If you lower the ratio and supercharge, you can put more
fuel/air into the combustion chamber. You'll have the same overall ratio as
if it were just static, but there will be more fuel and air in there, thus
producing more power. The lower the static ratio, the more boost you can use,
and the more power you can get out of it.

-Austin
Vipertruck