Re: Fulltime Transfer Case Question

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@roushind.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 07:29:20 EST

Usually if it has 2 hi 4x4 settings...

4x4 Hi-locked is where the axles are locked, which produces the same amount of power to each wheel. Which is very bad for street driving, because when you corner, your outside tires need to go faster than the inside tire. This will cause a squealing of the tires. Good for off road conditions and bad weather conditions (snow & ice).

4x4 full time is where the power goes to the wheel that it needs or the power can be divided into the 4 wheels at a different rate allowing the wheels to turn at different speeds.

N is just neutral

4x4 low-locked is the same as 4x4 hi-lock except that your gearing is set at a low gear, usually the same as 1st gear.

>>> fawcett@uism.bu.edu 02/26/00 03:44PM >>>
I'm not absolutely sure but I think it goes like this on the new 2K's:

4 Hi-Locked -- Part-time 4wd high range.
N - Towing the Kota and such.
4 Full-Time -- Normal position.
4 Low-Locked -- Part-time 4wd low range.

Anyone with a 2k Kota with full-time T-Case, chime in if I messed the sequence
up!
Tom