Re: RE: VA DML MEET!

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 10:20:56 EST

In a message dated 2/28/00 10:10:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com writes:

> Regretfully, it looks like my Dak will not be ready for the road. If a
> miracle occurs, I will be there, but unless I take the rest of the week off
> to work on it, there isn't much hope of making it. I need to grind down
the
> A/C compressor for the M1, and finish mounting & wiring the Perma-cool fan.
> To top it off, I wanged the P/S pulley when I tried to pull it. Now I need
> to haul it in someplace to have it pulled so I can replace it.
> Man, I really wanted to make this meet. Someone please take lots of
> pictures and bring them to Carlisle. Well, here's hoping for a miracle.
> Rich - Ashburn, VA

Is it absolutely required that you put all that stuff on?? Why not just
return it to stock for the meet?? As for the pulley, I think it would just be
cheaper to replace the P/S pump. The cost of towing it in, pulling the
pulley, and finding where to get a new one, you can pay for a new one and use
the old one as a core. New ones cost from $25-$50 (correct me of I'm wrong)
and it'll take you a day instead of a week. On top of that you know you have
a new pump with a limited warranty, preventative maintenence in my eyes.

-Austin
Vipertruck