Re: white slime/sludge in oil

From: Al Engstler (aengstle@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 14:17:41 EST

--- Kevin Hoheisel <kevin_hoheisel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a 95 Dak 4X4 5.2L CC SLT, 71k miles.
> Checked the oil this weekend for the first time in
> about a month
> (ok, but its been cold here in Iowa). Found some
> white slime
> in with the oil on the dipstick. Opened the filler
> cap and
> found it on the inside of the filler cap and valve
> cover.

  If you had a crack in the block/head or a bad head
gasket you would be slowly losing coolant. Sounds like
you just are not getting the motor hot enough to burn
out the condensation. I've had the same thing in a
short trip situation. I'd take it for a trip then
change the oil when you get a chance to try to flush
the gunk out.
Al