Re: right front tire growling...

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 23:29:54 EST

Comming up due? I had an alignment problem at 30k miles. It all depends on
what you do or how hard you hit bumps in your dakota. Off-roading seriously
kills the alignment of the truck.

go spend 50 bucks on an alignment and save urself 500 dollars from new tires.

Oh. look on the tire to see if there is any excessive wear on one side or a
weird cupping effect. That will help you to know if it's an alignment or
balancing problem.. ALSO. a grinding noise could be a bad bearing. if your
have a 96 or older dakota, you have wheel bearings where the rotor goes and
those might be damaged, or low on grease.
-Dester

<< hey yall..
 I was drivin down the road today and my right front tire is "growling" like
 it is riding on the edge of the tire?
 sounds like an alignment comin up due..
 it has over 63K >>