Shocks

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 23:14:08 EST

I just wanted to mention since there seems to be some people looking for
shocks that I just installed my new set of bilstiens today. If solved my
gittering problem and now the truck ride is as smooth as a baby butt.
The front monroe selec-matic (something like that) that I installed
three months ago in the front already started to fail (thought they were
wrong when I bought them). The rear shocks were gone (could take two
fingers and completely compress each shock). This was only after 45k.
The ride as mentioned before is really improved. It's neat how the
shocks keep the real small bumps from being felt but when they hit a
hard bump the truck levels out instantly. Awsome shocks. The install was
a bit of a bitch though. The shocks are so stiff they were nearly
impossible to compress. Cheated by using a second jack to compress the
front ones so I could get the first bolt started. The rear shocks were
the worst since they didn't have any strap on to keep them compressed so
my friend and I had to compress them manually. That was not fun but the
ride was well worth it.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport-318