RE: Re: RE: Re: **Crower Rocker Arm Update!!!**

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 01:08:07 EST

Jason, I looked at the TAG you left below, and that apparently is an older
portion
of Crower's webpage, and you'll notice if you tried to order those parts
from it,
they take you to www.racesearch.com, to place the order. The price for the
rockers
listed on the http://www.crower.com/dodge.htm page, at the bottom of a
paragraph mind
you, isn't the price listed when you click on the part number for ordering.
That price
comes up as $425.87, not the generic $422. I'd bet if you tried to order
73656PK from
www.racesearch.com, that you'd be given the price of $640.52 or similar.
You cannot
order the 73656PK from the webpage.

If you went to the ONLINE Ordering from Crower's page, you'd see the same
info I listed.

Apparently Crower needs to spend a little $$$ on a web designer, and fix
somethings.
They make engine parts, not web pages.

I wouldn't have wasted my time on putting together a group buy, if I knew
what I know
now re: how people would pick apart something as much as I've had this
happen. I've
been on this list from nearly the beginning, have participated in many group
purchases
that others have put together, and know everyone else is going to do a
little homework
for themselves when it comes to laying out their own hard earned money. I
feel that I
have put together a good group buy at a great price for a quality product
that I personally
use, and wanted to share that with other people that might want to save a
few bucks.
I myself in no way benefit from this group purchase, as I paid full price
$425.87+tax, and
in no way benefit from the sale of multiple orders that I helped bring in.
I might buy
another set for my wife's Dakota, but not for a while.

I have also gotten the go ahead for a group purchase for valve covers, that
some people
feel are a piece of crap, and had to express that for everyone else to read.
That's fine,
sometimes people have bad luck with some parts. The valve covers are
warranteed, and
if they leak, call the place where you bought them and get it resolved. I
personally have
had nothing but good luck with BOTH sets I've owned, with only a slight oil
leak (not from
the valve cover gasket) around the PCV valve, and only after about 3.5 hours
of running 90
mph. I clean my engine regularly, and a small amount of wetness was all
that I've ever
experienced (same as my stock covers). The price I listed for $86.00 is a
good buy. Sure,
someone else will find a lower price of $81 or $84, but that's not why I put
together a
group buy. If you checked prices on Summit, you'd find the SAME covers for
$106.95.
http://store.summitracing.com/product.asp?ssid=Y4SDY6M33UP5FM4DVNXCO1F2VS&p=
A6ED1EE6-3612-11D3-949D-080009FC5B5F
I put together a price that was BETTER than the norm, plus by purchasing as
a group
we can get future group purchases through this source at great prices on
other items.
If I wanted a price war I'd simply state:
"Ok, who has the cheapest price on Mopar Valve Covers?" and take about 10
different
emails on who had the best price. Then EACH person interested would have to
call
around, haggle, etc. etc. That wasn't the point at all. I have to say,
that at least the
RT Registry/Club group responded well to both group buys, and will take
advantage of these.

I'd like to continue to try to help people on the DML, and offer sources of
'great deals',
but I am finding it tough to deal with all of the negative attitudes,
bashing, and out right
piss poor manners. This list has gone from a great bunch of people, to
something that
I feel less compelled to contribute to.

SP