Re: 360 Premag Competition

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 18:52:38 EST

>>I'm still having a little trouble visualizing the $5000 600HP 360 with
Viper 6 sp in a Dak. So let me do a drag racers take on a decent little
street Dak...<<

no way anyone's gonna do a 600hp 360 for under 5 grand... shit, I think
the Borg-Warner T-56 is over 5k new, not counting the fab work to get it
to bolt up to the 360...

here is my project: Magnum 360 (out of a 95 Ram) with all electronics
with and auto tranny and rear end built up to take a fairly muscular
motor. Totally factory looking and operating (computer in tact, all
sensors, etc...) into an 88 Dakota for 5 grand.
So far I've spent 1200 on the motor with and alternator and AC
compressor, all electronics and stuff (complete engine right out of the
donor). I'm having it rebuilt with a Crane cam, forged pistons, block
milled to 9.5:1 CR, mild head porting. Stock bottom end and stock valve
train. Stock intake manifold. Bolt on mods will include QuickD tb, full
length headers w/3" exhaust, K&N open element, MP Computer, MSD ignition,
electric fans, and a couple other misc dress-up things that will fit into
the budget. I want it to be 100% legal and streetable, run on pump gas,
and be able to function as a daily driver while being a comfortable truck
to cruise in on the weekends.
too many non beleivers out there.... people that don't think it can be
done..
it starts out as "you can't fit a V8 into a premag" then when you show
em' a Shelby they say "well, you can't get the magnum to work... you need
a computer" so I show em' my computer (Thanks GENE!!) andthey say "it'll
be too expensive, you can't do it".
those are just pople who are gonna be the most upset when they get
embarassed on the strip by an 88 Longbox Dakota =)

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" .... 88 Dakota LE: slammed, painted, and gettin' a built
Magnum 360

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!