Re: NOS bottle location

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 22:35:08 EST

In a message dated 3/1/00 10:23:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

> The bottle normally stays around 875-900psi thanks to the
> warmer...used to run anywhere from 700-800.)
>
> So how much did it run you for the filling station equipment? (Been
curious
> about a setup like that for the garage.) ;)

I use a heater also and run about 900 but after 5 runs it will start to lose
a little more each run so if Bracket running I swap bottles after the five
runs and then refill it.

I found a used Hydro Pump but wasn't very old and in real good shape. The guy
used it to refill CO2 bottles but it was too slow for his business and went
to a cascade system and didn't need the pump anymore. I bought a transfer kit
from NOS I think about $65 and then adapted to the pump. I gave $300 or $350
for the pump and then ordered a couple of packing for it from the company
they sent me a catalog with prices the reatil on that pump was $2300 :-). I
got a deal :-). NOS has a air operated pump refill kit for I think $699 on
the web but I sent a email to see if I could buy just the pump and the told
me the pump alone was $600 +. I have a friend who has his own fire
suppression business and works with CO2 and halon and uses my pump in the
winter. He wants to buy it but I want to have a pump so he is thinking aboput
buying me a cheaper pump like the NOS one and swap for the one I have. I buy
65# bottles of Nitous plus for around $90 + $36 a year bottle rent and with
the pump you can get pretty much the whole 65 out of it so it ends up pretty
reasonable for me.

Bill