RE: RE: I'M SO PISSED!!!!

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 09:49:18 EST

Take your guns, knives, and any other weapon and give them to your wife-for
safe keeping.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD,MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, US Marine Corps
mailto:stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil (work)
mailto:Saint1958@home.com (home)
Office: (760) 725-2296

So, I got my 360 from a BoneYard in Mechanicsville called BRUCE AUTO
PARTS. Well, upon tearing down the motor we found 2 things wrong with it.
#1- The cylinder head was cracked between the valve seats on the
rear-most cylinder. #2- the transmission mount ear on the block, on the
passenger side, very bottom of the block was totally broken off.
So, I call BRUCE AUTO PARTS and they say "No problem, we'll weld the ear
and swap out that head for ya'"
great!
So I drive ALL THE WAY OUT THERE today (70 friggin' miles!) with the
block and the head. At this point, the block had been stripped down to
bare casting and the head also. I roll up and go inside. The guy I dealt
with (Chad) walks out with me and says "How do I know this is the block I
sold you?"
"This is it right here, man"
"this doesn't look like it, none of our markings are on it"
"that's because it was hot-tanked"
"so we're supposed to fix this block?" (sarcastic tone)
"that's what you said"
"let me get the manager"
"you do that!"

I'm fuckin' HOT now.... these guys are NOT rippin' me off on a $1200
motor..
manager comes out
"where's it at?"
"right here, man"
"so how do I know that's the engine I sold you?"
"there's a tag on it from the machine shop"
"anyone can put a tag on a motor"
"excuse me?"
"how do you know the machine shop didn't do that"
"because I know those guys.. they're my buddies.. they're good honest-"
(I get cut off)
"I can't do anything for you, I don't beleive this is the same block"
"say what?! You mean to tell me I spent $1200 on a motor and you won't
even fix you're own screw up?"
"that damage doesn't look like it was cuased in a wreck, looks like
someone did it on purpose"
"on purpose?! why would I do that on purpose?"
"I dunno"
"this is ridiculous! I drove 70 some miles and wasted my whole day for
you to dick me around??!"
"hey, how do I know you aren't tryin' to dick me over on this and get a
free motor?"
"What the F*ck?! How so I know you didn't grab up a $300 motor with a
broken transmission ear, slap the fuel injection components on it, sell
it to someone for 4 times what you paid for it, and then fuck em' over on
it when they see it's broken and bring it back?"
"I can't do anything for you"
"of course you can't.. here's the head"
"where's the crack?"
"right there"
"that's not a problem. that's a small crack"
"I know, but I didn't pay for a cracked head"
"well we can't-" (I cut him off)
"aiight punk, get me my god damn head so I can get out of here"
"it's in the warehouse"
"thanks"
"have a nice-"
"fuck you!"

well, that's about the extent of it. So, for future reference: DON'T DEAL
WITH BRUCE AUTO PARTS IN MECHANICSVILLE VA.!!!!!

man... I'm so pissed I'm shaking....

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.