Re: Dak saga: broken shock bolt/cv boots

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 11:19:07 EST

> If it's the bolt that comes up through the shock into the lower control
> arm that you broke, this is what I did. Get a hole punch and a hammer and
>knock the nut off that's welded to the lower control arm on the upper side.
>( You will have to use some strength and work upside down if you don't have
>lift.) - If there is any part of the broken bolt left then all the better
to swing at.

> Goto your local autoparts store and purchase a c-clip with an attached
> nut and matching bolt. They should sell these if they carry any sort of
after >market shock, and stock them in the same location also.

> Be sure you look at the size of the hole in the arm in order to get the
> right size clip.If you get one too big you'll play hell fitting the shock
in.
> This is a relatively easly fix.

Ummmm there is no nut on the lower control arm, the arm is threaded and uses
a 'self tapping' bolt. It sounds like we are talking about the same bolt;
the bolt which holds the shock onto the lower control arm. However, you are
probably talking about the lower control arm on your 93 2WD Dak, mine is 4WD
and will most likely use a different lower control arm. Thanks for the input
though. I have to run by my dad's friend's house who is an ASE Master Tech
at 4pm to see what he can do or what he thinks about the situation. Thanks
again,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6