Re: RE: R/T with Magnum R/T package-differences by Statatics

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 13:07:39 EST

I wouldn't necessarily give the R/T suspension any advantage in a drag
race. It's advantages would be in the twisties. My SLT+ has 255 65 15's
while the R/T has, I think, 255-50-17's. The short side walls aren't any
advantage in straight line traction. Compound might be better than the
Goodyear Eagle LS's.

My truck has the sway bar, but I guess R/T has heavier bar? Still no
effect on the drags.

A 100lbs in vehicle weight is generally worth about a tenth of a second.
However where the weight is makes a big dif in grip. 100lbs off the nose,
allows better weight transfer to the rear tires.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage