Is a lift necessary?

From: Webster-curley, Jacques K (Jacques.Curley@usa.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 13:15:23 EST

I have a 1999 club cab sport 4x4 with the 3.9L. I will be getting new tires
in the next couple of months (hopefully I can hold off until fall). Anyway,
I have 31x10.5R15 on right now and I would like to put some BF Goodrich AT
33x10.5R15's on. It looks like a 33" tire would fit (turning lock to lock).
Will these tires fit or will I need to do a minor lift? I just need some
more clearance, but I'm not interested (at least for now) in a suspension
lift kit. I used to own a truck that rhymes with Dakota, and to fit
31x10.5's I just turned up the torsion bars and put 2" blocks in the rear.
Is this something I could do to Dakota? Is there somewhere a tire fitment
guide - like how much lift/alteration is required for a specific size tire?

TIA.

Jacques