Tire Size/Fitment Guide

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 15:13:07 EST

Just thought I would post this info incase some Dak 4WD owners havent seen
it this info in various 4WD Magazines:
According to a chart in a 4x4 magazine, here is the breakdown:

*93 and older Dakotas: 30x9.50 will fit a stock Dak
*93 and older Dakotas: 31x10.50 will fit a stock Dak;minimal torsion bar
adjustment
*93 and older Dakotas: 32x11.50 will clear with a 3" body lift
*93 and older Dakotas: 33x12.50 will clear with a 3" suspension lift/minor
fender trimming
*93-96 Dakotas: 31x10.50 will fit a stock Dak; minimal torsion bar
adjustment
*93-96 and newer Dakotas: 33x10.50 will clear with a 3" suspension lift
*97-newer Dakotas: Does mention but I believe several Dak owners has put
32"s on with no problems
*97-newer Dakotas: 33x12.50 will clear with a 3" suspension lift

I thought it was odd they would break up GenerationII Dakotas into 2
different categories.Of course, the above info is not 'set-in-stone'. I know
Dave on the list had to put on TrailMaster's 4" suspension lift kit along
with a 2"body lift to clear 33's. Also, take into account that there are
many variations of the tire sizes. For 31" tires you can get them in widths
ranging from 9.50" all the way upto 14" wide. Other tire heights like 32's,
33's, 34's, etc all have and are available with many different widths to
help out with rubbing problems when turning and other related problems with
going with larger tires. Oh well, just something(s) to think about.

Next is tire sizes, diameters are approx. since every manufacturer is
different.
Metric/Flotation Tire Conversions:
235-75R15=29x9.50R15; 28.5" in diameter
245-75R15=30x9.50R15; 29.5" in diameter
265-75R16=31x10.50R15; 30.5" in diameter
295-75R15=32x11.50R15=31.5" in diameter
315-70R15=33x12.50R15=32.5" in diameter
285-75R16=33x12.50R16=32.8" in diameter

BGF Radial Mud Terrain T/A:
*LT235-75R15:
-Diameter: 29.1"
-Tread Width: 7.3"
-Rim Width: 6"-7.5"
*30x9.50R15:
-Diameter: 29.9"
-Tread Width: 7.4"
-Rim Width: 6.5"-8.5"
*31x10.50R15:
-Diameter: 30.9"
-Tread Width: 8.2"
-Rim Width: 7"-9"
*32x11.50R15:
-Diameter: 31.9"
-Tread Width: 9.2"
-Rim Width: 8"-10"
*33x9.50R15:
-Diameter: 32.8"
-Tread Width: 6.8"
-Rim Width: 6.5"-8.5"
*33x12.50R15:
-Diameter: 32.9"
-Tread Width: 9.8"
-Rim Width: 8.5"-11"

Moab Edition Radial Mud Terrain T/A:
*32x11.50R15:
-Diameter: 31.9"
-Tread Width: 9.2"
-Rim Width: 8"-10"
*33x12.50R15:
-Diameter: 32.9"
-Tread Width: 9.8"
-Rim Width: 8.5"-11"

I have all the technical specs for BFG tires, just not the new AT KO; I have
the old AT specs, Mud Terrains, Radial Long Trail T/A, Sport Truck T/A,
Trail T/A, All Terrains, and the Baja T/As. I also have full specs for the
full Dick Cepek line of tires, like the Radial F-C Fun Country tires, Radial
A-S All Terrains, and Radial M-C II Mud Country tires. Finally, I have the
full
 line of Interco tires, ranging from the TSL Boggers, TSL Thornbirds, Super
Swamper TSL, and the Super Swamper TSL/SX. If anyone wants the specs on a
certain size, let me know. Remember too, Interco has some really funky odd
ball sized tires to fit just about anything. Hope this helps someone out
there. Of course, if you want technical info on any tire, just go to that
manufacturers website. Most of them list the specs for each tires they
offer.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6