Re: RE: Nitrous vs. Supercharger vs. Turbo

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 21:41:37 EST

dakota_24@email.msn.com writes:

> Ok lets think about this nitrus kit 800 supercharger kit 2500 with that math
> figures in at a 1700 savings not quite. with refills at 35(per bernd) that
> figures in at 48.5 refills so at 1 per week that figures that after 4 years
> you will have spent the same amount. and then you figure the lost races
> because of an empty bottle plus the cost of new air hats at about 40 bucks
> you do the math. lol ;)

Yepper another thought. First from all I seen or read you will not get as
big a performance increase with the SC as the nitrous. second you may be able
to buy a SC kit for 2500? but to get any real gain you will need a lot of
extra equipment to add to that (ie boost retard, bigger injectors,
intercooler, ect ect $$$) then take into account the blown head gaskets, the
heat problems ect ect and there is no comparison, Nitrous is the most bang
for the buck period and safer. Now if ya want to go out and drag race on the
street all night long every night then maybe ya could settle for a SC ?

But hey to each their own, what ever turns ya on, whatever ya can afford, do
your thing and good luck with whatever choice ya make.

Bill