More Top Gun Nitrous....

From: Clay Cooke (cooke@ecn.purdue.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 04:49:04 EST

Well, I have just gotten back in from "half" way installing my Top Gun
nitrous. Great kit! comes with just about everything you need. I do have a
"wish list"

(1) kit has a TB spacer that is about 3/4" tall, well they dont supply the
bolts to make up for this (why I dont have it installed yet), so you have
to find your own bolts.

(2) TB gaskets would be nice.

(3) needs more wire

(4) strate valve (test port in fuel rail) removal tool. You have to take
the one way valve out of the test port for this to work, which required me
to make my one trip to the parts store for a 79 cent removal tool.

Overall though this kit is great! it comes with a micro switch and bracket
that are easily added on to the dodge throttle body, just have to bend it
into a "U" shape and line it up. Also, the selinoids seem to be of very
high quality. I have a NOS power shot selinoid for my purge line, and the
Top Gun pieces look to be of better quality, stainless steel, and have
heavier gauge wire than the NOS piece. All the selinoid mounting plates
work quite well with this system, I used the bolts that hold the fuel
rails down to mount the selinoids.

All together a big thumbs up!!! I wish I had the kit completely installed,
but with some longer bolts I will. I also have to mount my bottle, and run
a coupla more wires to be completely finished, but I plan to have it done
and test it on a 75 horse shot tomarrow night!!!!

oh yeah, and the other down fall, 41 bucks to fill the tank! only one
place in town, so no options for me!

Clay

84 Dodge Ram, scrapin pavement w/ 440 8bbl
96 Indy Ram, scrapin EVERYTHING w/ 360 Magnum!' -(www.indyram.org)
69 Road Runner 440 6bbl, project car

http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~cooke