RE: tonneau's

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 10:19:35 EST

> I asked one of the local "custom" shops around here (Installations
> Unlimited in North Syracuse) about the lifting soft tonneaus.
> They said
> they get a lot brought back because the frame has bent due to just
> slightly unbalaced snow loads on the cover when they're lifted. Can
> anyone confirm/deny this? $160 sounds pretty good for a
> cover, I'd jump
> on it a lot faster if I knew it wouldn't bend.
>
> > Thanks Mike! But I wound up purchasing a CheckMate
> Highlift soft tonneau
> > for $159.00. Kevin (Quiktrk99) TOld me about this company.
> Supposedly real
> > sturdy. I guess I'll see when it shows up..

Well Andy common sense should tell you to clean off the tonneau before
opening it. The frame is only aluminum..

[The Rant]

The one thing that really pisses me off in the winter is the folks who drive
around with a foot of ice and snow on their roofs! In Jersey you can now get
fined for driving with snow on your roof(not that there are many tickets
given out), but if you where to cause an accident not only will you get
fined(and ticketed of course), but you insurance will go up to an ungodly
amount. The same goes for folks who don't bother shoveling their sidewalks.
Many towns in NJ have ordinances in place that within 24 hours after a
snowfall your walks have to be shoveled. Hell I do my part and take my
snowblower around the block clearing off the sidewalks (we have several
elderly folks on the block, and it keeps them from bitching when I my
thing). Bottom line is if you feel that Mother Nature put it there and
should also be responsible to remove it then you should do the general
population at large a favor and live in an apartment, and take the bus.

[End Rant]

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ