CV Boot UPDATE!!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 10:45:38 EST

Well after thinking about it thought I would replace the inner and outer cv
boots on the passenger's side. Total for both boots(with the clamps) would
be about $45, no bad at all. I would just have to buy some cv boot grease.
Well I thought alittle more and called around........for $110, I can pull
the passenger's side axle out and put in an entiurely new one! For the
price, I think it is veryt worthwhile just to replace the whole darn
assembly from where the flange is on the outside of the diff all the way to
the cotter pin/shaft going throught the rotor. It is completely ready to go,
with every installed and packed with grease. So I wont have to mess with any
cv boots nor the grease. It also comes with a lifetime warranty....so I put
the order in; it will be in Monday sometime. So I am getting ready for
another 'work on Dak Day, PartII' this coming Tuesday. I am curious how the
stock one will look internally after having put 118,500 miles on it. I will
keep everyone updated!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6