Re: Performance loss with fulltime transfer case?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 11:00:37 EST

I don't put much stock in "seat of the pants" evaluations but with power always
being provided to the front wheels on the newer models, I can see how the truck
may *seem* different. Even though I enjoy it, I didn't buy my 4x4 to race
with. If power and performance are your goals you may want to reevaluate
whether a 4x4 is right for you or if a 4x2 might be a better choice. Whichever
way you go, don't take your friends word for it nor mine --go out and drive
them all for yourself. After all, you're the one that's got to live with it
once the deal is done.
My $.02
Tom