Re: Gas Prices, name your own, WAS: Gas Out

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 15:21:42 EST

What's interesting from an economics point of view is that the difference
in tax is more than .12 cents, yet the difference at the pump is far less
than that. Which means that NY residents aren't paying the full tax. It
is shared between Seller and Buyer.

The consequences of this are, if there were a subsidy of say 10 cents, you
could expect the price of gas to fall say 5 cents and the Oil Companies and
OPEC to get richer by 5 cents a gallon.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage