VA Meet

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@radix.net)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 19:17:16 EST

Hey guys,

    Now that I've had a chance to recover from this weekend, I'll go ahead
and post :-)....
    I had a blast at the meet at VMP. I was able to get 3 runs in, 16.4,
16.1, and 15.9. I was hoping to go faster, but I guess thats not bad for my
first time drag racing ever. On a good note, my truck is running strong than
ever after the 3 hour drive. I mean NOTICEABLY stronger. :-)
    It looks like I definitely need to start doing the traction mods,
though. No matter how I launched, I couldn't get better than a 2.68 60-ft. I
getting new tires tomorrow (275/60-15 BFG's, need them anyways) and Im gonna
look into some traction bars.
    It was great meeting all of you, though I didn't catch everyone's name.
I was the long red-haired guy driving the black sport. I'll definitely be
there next year.

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC 4x2 318/5-speed/3.92SG (15.9 @ 87.13mph)
F&B Stage 1 TB