Re: DML:Has anyone made there own thunderform boxes

From: Ken Allgood (kallgood@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 21:33:25 EST

I got a 97 cc slt.. running 2 kenwood 12"s I tossed in my back seat.. did
some measuring, and at the shortest point, mine is 53" wide.. so, I could
fit 4 12" subs back there in a standard box.. Might not be able to build
each compartment as I should, but it will work (although, fun part is
actually getting the box in there.. may have to take out the seats)...
here are the dimensions I'm looking at as far as width goes

Available room: 53"
4 12" subs = 48"
1" between each sub = 3"
1/2" - 3/4" on each side for box = 1 - 1-1/2"
Extra room to slide box in = 1/2 - 1" total (up to 1/2" each side)

yes, very tight, and No, not sure it'll work.. but I'm looking forward to
trying to making it work.. gonna be running 2 12" JL Audios and 2 12"
kenwoods with a 600w amp

Ken Allgood
97 cc slt 5.2L