VMP meet report.... as I see it..

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 00:12:29 EST

Well, I guess it's my turn to report on the meet. =)

all in all, IT KICKED ASS!!!!
okay, first the track report: Racing was cool. I couldn't race because
the I didn't bring a broom to sweep up after my truck =)
from what I saw, it was a slow, slick track. VMP caters to the Pro Cars,
so there is no way to go around the water box. Actually, there was no
water "box" per se, it was an area that they sprayed down with the hose
that you pretty much HAD to drive through to get to the staging lanes.
The guys on slicks were okay, but the guys on street tires really had a
hard time hookin' up. Everyone ran a good couple tenths slower than they
usually do. Needless to say, there were several good quick trucks that
didn't run up to their potential because of traction. That kinda'
sucked...
the Tech inspection line was loooonnngg.. and many people spent 2 hours
waiting for the techs just to say "aiight, go ahead" and only run once or
twice...
Biggest props go to Jon Smith, who waited all day to run, got in line,
waited an hour, then got out of line to talk to the race control people,
then waited somemore.. then when he finally ran... spun em' all the way
down the track...
there was a lot of this, but nobody got discouraged and kept goin'! =)

now to the meet report: Everyone I talked to was really cool. The whole
R/T Elitists thing was the joke of the day =) Along with the premag
leaving puddles and parts everywhere =) (BTW- I did leave a big ol'
puddle of tranny fluid where I was sittin' all day... just FYI)
There were people there that I really wanted to meet, but didn't... I
tried tho, but with the tech line being long like it was and stuff, most
people were hard to get ahold of. There were a few anti-social people
there, and some downright jerks too (non DMLers tho!).
so anyway, by far the coolest part was the cruisin' afterwards!!
picture this: 15 daks, all different shapes and sizes rollin' by, makin'
a lot of noise, hoopin' and hollerin'...
I have to say, it was impressive!! I got pics of people racin', burnin'
out, chillin', all kinds of stuff... hopefully I'll get them scanned and
stuff really soon =)
I had ablast!!! we definitely gotta do this again!!

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.