Re: More rear end stuff, a HARD question??

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 02:54:37 EST

Hey Austin

it really depends on what you get the rear out of. I don't know the exact
measurements of Gen I and Gen II daks, but they are somewhere around 57".
If you get a rear out of a BVan, they are 57"... but I don't know exactly
yet... I'll find out soon enough (couple months) when I get mine built.
Gettin' a rear shortened and loaded with the gears you want may end up
costing more than what summit wants... you're lookin' a t around 300 for
a boneyard ass-end...
hope this helps!

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:47:46 EST DICEMAN469@aol.com writes:
> Ok, found the part numbers I need for a positrax rear and a 3.91
> richmond
> gearset, and summit's tellin me this'll cost me about $638. Now I'm
> thinking
> I can get a whole damn rearend from a junkyard for way less than
> this. So
> this got me to thinking about a nice 9.25 rearend instead of my
> 8.25. Now
> here's the question: Anyone have dimensions accurate enough to tell
> me if
> it's a boltup or not?? How much wider is the 9.25?? Will anti-lock
> bolt up??
> I doubt it, but if I'm gonne spend money, might as well go bigger,
> right??
>
> -Austin
> Vipertruck

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!