VA Meet - Report

From: flemingb@vtls.com
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 08:58:39 EST

First, let me apologize for not getting around to this earlier. I didn't get
back into town until monday evening, and had a really busy day at work
yesterday.

I have been on the DML for maybe 2-3 monthes, and never ever raced my truck.
But I ventured out to the meet ready and willing. Even talked my best friend
Kristie into bringing her truck (Exactly like mine, except it's black,
automattic, and 2 years newer). We got there early enough, 11:45am, but do to a
slight miscommunication between Kristie and I we were short enough cash to
race. So after after a few photo shoots, we ventured out of the park for some
cash, only to wait in line again. Finally we were through the gates at 1:30pm.
Not bad I thought, until we jumped into the 1/2 mile long tech line. I didn't
know what to expect, but almost 2 hours went by for a 5 minutes snoop at my
truck.

<Fast-forwad> I ended up getting 2 runs, and Kristie ended up getting 3. I
couldn't have been happier with my stock 4x4. I was my absolute first time
racing and I got a .660 reaction time!!! Ended the run with a 16.7 @ 81MPH. I
don't think it's too shabby. The second run? We won't go there... Something
about not getting all the water off my tires sent me crawling down the track
spinning 2nd for about 2 seconds.

But I wanted to say, that even though I was a bit shy and didn't get out and
talk to lots of DML'ers, those that I did talk to were way cool! I think the
person I talk to the most was Garret? Green 4x4! Anyways, thanks for talking me
through the starting gate! You got my a .660 reaction time!

Also, I went through a couple rolls of film, which I'm taking to get developed
soon. I've got a lot of good shots I think, including a few DML'ers as they fly
down the track. Will scan them and pass them on ASAP.

Again, thanks for such a wonderful time, and big thanks to the Man who set it
all up!