Re: '00 fulltime 4x4

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 14:29:15 EST

Though I have a '99, w/ the same 242 transfer case
(with the 2 wheel option), my wife runs in full time
during the rain for added traction, and I recently
drove a 450 mile round trip w/ half of it in the rain
in full time 4 wd. No difference in mileage between 2
HI and 4 FT. If you think about it, you are turning
the front axle/driveshaft all the time.. Only
difference with full time transfer case is now, the
power is split between the front/rear... It's like
having a 3rd limited slip (front/rear).

Sam '00 RT & '99 4x4