Engine Buildup

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 19:58:52 EST

I have a few questions or really opions to ask of the DML. I am
defiantly going to go for the power in my 318 but am not quite sure what
parts to use.

I am wondering about using the Hughs stage I setup (cam, intake, heads,
roller rockers) or stage II (same parts different porting)

Also looking into the magnum r/t kit

Or a mixture to also include crower parts (mainly rockers and cam)

I am looking for some firsthand experience. I will definatly be getting
the MP computer and want to keep the truck a daily driver. Want some
good street performance but want to keep some economy (maybe hughs stage
II for performance but I think it'll kill the economy) If I go the hughs
route I will use either the HER0612AL or HER1218AL cam depending on
whether I use stage I or stage II parts. I really like the hughs rocker
since I don;t have to buy a bunch of extra parts. Up in the air though
on the MP ported heads or the hughs. Defiantly going to use the hughs
intake (just like keeping the low and mid range torque).

Sorry for such a long and scatterbrained post but really would like some
opinions. Please do not start with who makes the best but the good and
bad from each company and/ or part(s). Thanks.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport-318