Re: Speed/Distance Sensor

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 11:22:38 EST

Kev, tis a simple operation. The sensor is on the tail of the tranny, it'll
be the roundish plastic sensor housing, with a 3 wire? (might be 2 wire)
connector leading to it.

1) unplug the harness, and stick out of the way.
2) I believe it's a 1/2" bolt holding the hoseshoe shaped retainer. *make
note of retainer orientation* Remove bolt and retainer.
3) make sure to wipe the area down to remove debris
4) grab ahold of the sensor, and pull straight out, you may need to wiggle
it a bit, just don't break it ;-)
5) the gear will pull straight off. (2 peice sensor, the sensor apparatus
and the gear)
6) install new gear. Remove old O-ring on the sensor housing and replace.
Make sure to coat new O-ring with ATF.
7) install is reverse, pay attention to the retainer orientation

need anymore help, shoot me an email off list and I'll take some digipix to
help walk you through it
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   95 CC 318 4x4 auto
      15.4@89.5mph