Re: M1 intake

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 13:23:00 EST

> It's pretty much a direct swap, right up until you bolt on the accessory
> bracket and a/c compressor. You have to do some modifying there.
> The M1 uses a different thermostat housing(LA style)but the same hose.
>
> I'm ordering it today..Check me on this..I need:
> 1. The Kit from Jon ($60)
> 2. Thermostat and gasket (69 Barracuda ??) Is this what you used ?
> 3. stat housing p/n p4286759
> 4. intake gasket kit p/n 4897383ac

That looks about right Ted.
You'll need a torque wrench that measures in "inch pounds".
The torque specs are 72 in. lbs. twice around, then 145 in. lbs. twice
again.
Start with the bolts in the center and torque them in a circular pattern,
working out from there.
Use some rtv sealant on the o ringed pipe that supplies the heater(during
reassembly). It's the one that slips in the water pump on the drivers side.
Feel free to e mail me with any tech problems during the install.
I have quite a bit of experience with the manifold swap now...4 times total.

Alan S.