Re: U-Joint Question(s)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 16:31:29 EST

> How much should I be able to turn the driveshafts on my Dak with my hand?
> I read a bit online today concerning u-joints and think the nasty clunk I
> can ocassionally coming form under my Dak may be a u-joint going bad. I
> think some u-joint work may be in the future for my Dak's front and rear
> driveshaft; alteast they are a fairly inexpensive fix. I would like to
start
> looking for some good quality heavy duty u-joints and have them replaced
> sometime this summer. Anyone ever have had u-joint work done on their Dak?
I grease mine regularly, but not sure how long they typically last for.

Also,
Does anyone know if it would be a good idea to have both front and rear
driveshafts balanced(or rebalanced) at the same time when I put new u-joints
on?? I know the cost of new u-joints are in the area of about $15-$20 each,
but how much does it cost to balance a driveshaft? THANKS AGAIN!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6