Re: Legendary cars (trans-am) hood installed...

From: Steve Strigle (strigle@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 23:17:40 EST

I used the stock springs. My friends at the body shop saw no problem with
doing so. Just make sure your springs are clean and the operation is silky
smooth. Most of all be careful with the hood when you operate it.
Fiberglass is like a woman, if you're rough on it you won't have it very
long, if you finesse it gently, it will always be there for you.

For those curious, it took my 3 friends at the shop almost 10 hours of
playing to get it close to right. Cost me lunch and a few 6 packs.. The
hood (mine anyway) was by no means a direct bolt on. It required extensive
work and fighting to make it fit "ok."

I don't read this list very often anymore. It has deteriorated since I
joined it originally with my last Dakota.. Maybe my RT has made me an
elitist, but most of the conversation here lately isn't worth the network
traffic it generates. Email me directly if anyone wants more information
on the hood.

Steve
'00 Dakota RT
strigle@home.com