Re: Re: M1 MPI Alternative?

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 10:25:52 EST

Bob King wrote:

> I have the RC Engineering "Airfoil" and also his version of the MPI. I've
> used the airfoil for a few years. I have no dyno #s and seat dyno is iffy
> for 5 hp.
> I have yet to install the manifold. Waiting until I'm ready to get a fresh
> 5.9L motor first. The RC unit came to me set up for the 2BBL TB. The only
> diffewrence I see between the RC unit and the MPI is in the TB
> adapter/spacer. The MPI appears to have a "tall" spacer (looks to be about
> 1-3/4" tall or so). The RC Engineering unit I have uses a Mr. Gasket 2 BBL
> adapter that has almost NO rise to it at all. Don't know what performance
> differences I can expect when compared to the MPI.

Interesting. I thought the tall spacer was required in order to clear the
linkage that extends down below the TB especially while in operation. I know I
read that somewhere. And looking again at my install pics - I would say that it
is indeed a concern. Also - how do they (RC Eng.) accomplish the fuel rail
mounting?

So Bob - how much was the airfoil? How much for the converted M1? Did you have
to send them anything (stock rails, M1 core, etc.)? How about RC Eng. in
general - were they pretty knowledgeable on the subject of late model magnum
performance? Willing to share that knowledge?

Thanks in advance!

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"