Re: 2000 4.7 CC 4X4 highway Observations - Long

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 07:44:39 EST

Hey Tim....

Couple of points...

First, when I first got my Dak, I was getting 11 MPG for the first few
tanks.... I have over 10K on it now and during the Virgina Meet trip, I was
getting 17.5mpg... so it DOES get better :-)

Second, when under a load (like going uphill) turn off the OD.... I noticed
that after I had the exhaust done, I had a boatload more power at the top,
and lots of acceleration, even more without the overdrive.

As for going DOWN the hill in neutral... um... Huh? LOL
I wonder if it's the 4x4.... do you have the full time tranfer case? Maybe
that's the culprit.... I haven't noticed any wierd things like that with
mine... she coasts just fine!

Glad you are enjoying the new Dak...

In relation to absolutely nothing at all, the wife came to me yesterday and
said, "Have you really looked at those Quadcabs? They are really nice!" This
is the same wife who teases me about my devotion to my truck and said she
would NEVER drive anything but her Lexus.... LOLOLOL Now she is thinking
Quadcab....

Preacher
Webmaster: http://www.bastaards.org
Owner: http://www.onelist.com/community/BASTAARDS