Re: AVALANCHE APOLOGY -LONG

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 11:22:02 EST

In a message dated 3/13/00 11:12:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
frankwjohnson@hotmail.com writes:

> Well, they don't have an off-road package per se but you can order the 31's
> and the fender flares and the skid plates so it's pretty much a 4x4
package.

> Maybe Dodge is doing that to save us money? Probably not but it was a
> nice thought.
> The only thing that should be considered an option that isn't at this
point
> is tow hooks. These are essential off-road accesories that better be
> offered soon from the factory.
>
> And i think Dodge is starting to focus more heavily on their truck lines
> given the market trends. They are going to produce a full-size SUV based
on

> the 2500 series if i'm not mistaken.
>
> And i do agree that Chrysler has been slow to develop their truck lines
> behind GM and especially Ford. But, you can see where the company has
been
> spending all of their R&D money, so there just hasn't been any substantial
> amount left over for us truck folk.
> But change is in the air, and i can be patient,
>
> Frank WJ

In my opinion, Dodge has been the leader all along. The Ram started it all,
when it was redesigned in 94. Since then Ford and finally GM followed suit to
CATCH UP with the Ram, and then the Dakota. They have more power, better
payloads, because they were designed to beat the standard SET by Ram years
before. Why redesign a truck if it can't do better than the current ones on
the road? Now it's Dodges turn to up the ante, the 4.7 being just the
beginning. An engine that can keep up with a magnum 70 cubic inches bigger
than it, and puts out 50 more horse than even the s10's HIGH OUTPUT v6. Gets
comparable gas mileage too I bet. Now that the industry has caught up with
us, it's just in time to watch Dodge step ahead again when they redesign
these trucks.

Just wait till the Hemi wipes the floor with these wannabe plastic trucks.

-Austin
Vipertruck