Re: What Alarm system do you have....

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 12:30:40 EST

In a message dated 3/13/00 12:25:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, JoeB327@aol.com
writes:

> I will be getting a alarm system (probably w/ a remote starter) installed
in
> my 99 DAK very soon. Does anyone have any favorable (or unfavorable)
brands
> that are in their DAK's, and would you buy the same unit again. I have
read
> positive things about the Excalibur system, in regards to price and
> performance. Any comments on this system?
> Thanks for the help,
> Joe B.

I have had an Excalibur on my turck since almost new. No problems but if
you're looking for remote start, I'd look elsewhere. My dealer quoted me
about $300 after I had the alarm already in. I was a frequent customer there
and he always gave me a good rate for labor and didn't mark up the price
either. Overall, I am happy.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2
'92 Daytona IROC R/T Finally!
'86 Daytona Turbo Z CS "Free 2 Good Home"