RE: Synthetic Oil Stories

From: Morrison, Dennis (DMorriso@ciena.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 13:52:46 EST

The biggest problem is your oil gets dirty (also breaks down) this is why you change it. So even if synthetic oils does not break down it will still get dirty and cause a performance decrease over time if not changed in proper intervals. I do not agree with the 3-4K mile chart but I would not go much farther that 8k between. The oil filter is not enough to catch all dirt. Do not be cheap on your Dak.