Re: What Alarm system do you have....

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 02:17:20 EST

>>They can be useful if they have a starter kill/disable. Granted,
if someone wants your vehicle bad enough they will get it, but an
alarm can stop a joyrider and a starter kill may slow down a pro.
(Unless they decide to tow it of course.) Plus, you usually get
a discount in your insurance premiums.<<

peice of mind if you ask me. Even if it is too far out for me to hear it,
someone will. And even if they don't do anything about it, oh well...
that's what insurance is for. The thing about an alarm is: the only
actual theft deterrant is the little red light, and the sticker should
you choose to put it on. The alarm will deter petty theives, slow down
decent theives, and only serve to annoy professional theives.. but hey,
it'll keep em' from doin' it in my driveway.

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota gettin' a Magnum 360!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.