Re: Washboard...

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 12:58:42 EST

People driving too fast on the dirt road (I.E... The
suspension on the truck/car causes a bouncing effect,
along with braking and/or wheel spin). You'll notice
on a nicely graded dirt road, that wash boards
develope first in corners/turns where people are
either braking or accelerating. From there, areas
where people are at speed and there's a natural 'bump'
in the road-- you'll begin to get wash boards there
because the vehicles traveling over that section are
creating the wash boards via suspension action, and
sometimes wheel spin (especially unload pickup
trucks).

Areas where you have a slow speed (20 mph and under)
limit, you're less likely to get wash boards.

Boring huh?

Sam '00 RT