Afterburner Muffler

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 19:17:18 EST

I was at Pep Boys today and noticed they had 2 'Afterburner' mufflers, both
which had an 'as is' discount. I have seen these before in Jeg's/Summit,
just never really looked into them. I asked the parts guy why they were 50%
off and he said it just didnt come with a box or a sticker, so what!!! One
of the mufflers was a 2.5"Center Inlet/2.5" Offset Outlet muffler, just what
my Dak would take. They normally were marked at $39, and the 'as is' price
is $20, so it caught my eye. Anyone have this muffler or know how it would
sound on my Dak? I just would like a better flowing muffler which sounds
similar to my Dak's stock muffler; a slightly loud tone will be acceptable.
I DON'T want a loud obnoxious muffler. I was just hoping that it might be an
ok muffler to replace my 119,000 old mile stock one. Thanks,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6