Pt Cruiser helps the CARB for DC Truckline

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 15:03:46 EST

Quote from the Auto.Com press: "The Cruiser's four-cylinder engine averages
20 miles per gallon in the city and 26 on the highway with a five-speed
manual transmission. With an automatic transmission, the Cruiser gets 20
m.p.g. city and 25 highway. Because the PT Cruiser helps DaimlerChrysler's
average truck fuel economy, the company can sell a few more higher-profit
Dodge Durangos and Jeep Grand Cherokees without risking millions in federal
fines."

Now can we have our HEMI 426 R/T Dakota DC? But check the next statement:

"Manufacturers need to build small vehicles that folks aspire to so they can
meet fuel economy on both the car and truck side," AutoPacific's Peterson
said."

How do you spell DUH-Peterson! Dak owners don't care but want our V-8,
V-10, HO V-6, and HP/TQ to boot. Get it Mr. Peterson?

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD,MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, US Marine Corps