Re: Was: New to List/Dakota rec. Now: Speed limiter

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 17:55:42 EST

In a message dated 03/18/2000 8:56:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
frankwjohnson@hotmail.com writes:

<< Do you really drive 100+ on a regular
 basis? Do ya think you should be doing that? >>

actually i do. if the road is clear and straight and the traffic is way in
front(like when you move thru one pack and the next is a ways ahead of you)
then yeah i'll go for a high speed burn to catch up. it's completely an
exhilirating experience to travel at high rates of speed. if you don't know
the feeling and are incapable of feeling anything but fear at high speeds
then explaining the joy of it for me to you is impossible.
to answer your other question yes i should be doing it. it makes me happy to
be alive. it would appear that you should not. driving for me is not just
about getting from a to b, it's about enjoying the experience from a to b.
testing yourself on the edge. keeping yourself focused. when you are really
trying to haul ass from a to b nothing escapes your attention everything is
noted, expected, anticipated, calculations are made in your brain at
incredible speeds, decisions made instantly 100% focus on the task. when
you are poking along in traffic your brain is only ten percent focused on the
road and 90% daydreaming. to each his/her own.
please don't take this as a flame. you stated your opinion and now i'm
stating mine.

derek

oh ya. if the speed limiter was set at 190mph it wouldn't matter to me in
the slightest because my truck is never going to go that fast with me in it.
but if you gave me a viper and a clear road or track i would push that car
right to the end of it's envelope. it's one of those things. either your
born with it or you don't understand it.